Technical Specifications of Dry Sand Abrasion Test Rig as per ASTM G 65
- Abrasive - AFS 50 -70 test sand (about 200 micron size)
- Wheel speed 100 - 500 rpm continuously variable through AC frequency inverter with helical geared motor of 1.5 Kw (3 phase)
- Abrasive flow rate 50 -500 gms/min through precision conveyor mechanism
- Test load - 45 to 130 N
- Wheel diameter 228 mm
- Chlorobutyl rubber hardness A 58 to 62 on a Shore Durometer.
- Revolutions controller Microprocessor based digital preset counter 1 rev. to 9999 revs.
- RPM Indicator (for measuring the rubber wheel speed)
- Power input 440V, 3Phase, 15 Amps
- Specially designed stainless steel nozzle for accurate abrasive flow.
- Stainless steel loading arm with a lifting cam and easily changeable dead weights.
- Stainless steel hoppers for abrasive feed and dust collection.
- Stainless steel dust collection container.
- Sheet metal fabricated and powder coated storage space for specimen, wheels and dead weights.
- The frame of the machine is made of tubular section and powder coated.
- The test area is enclosed in a dust proof cubicle with a glass door and suitable illumination for viewing the specimen during the test.
- The entire test rig is designed so as to protect the user from the dust emerging from the machine during the test duration.
- The entire test rig is mounted on anti vibration mounts so as to ensure the accuracy of the test and prevent noise.
- Chlorobutyl rubber rimmed wheels one mounted on machine and one given as a spare.
- 3 Types Reference materials supplied along with the machine (each 05nos)
AISI D-2 Tool steel (IS 165 CR MO12 HRC 58-60 HRC) Procedure A
AISI H-13 (Die steel) HRC 47- 48 Procedure B
AISI 4340 steel HRC 3133 Procedure B or E