|Home||» Products||» Dry Sand Abrasion Test RIG||» Dry Sand Abrasion Test RIG|
Technical Specifications of Dry Sand Abrasion Test Rig as per ASTM G 65
1. Abrasive - AFS 50 -70 test sand (about 200 micron size)
2. Wheel speed 100 - 500 rpm continuously variable through AC frequency inverter with helical geared motor of 1.5 Kw (3 phase)
3. Abrasive flow rate 50 -500 gms/min through precision conveyor mechanism
4. Test load - 45 to 130 N
5. Wheel diameter 228 mm
6. Chlorobutyl rubber hardness A 58 to 62 on a Shore Durometer.
7. Revolutions controller Microprocessor based digital preset counter 1 rev. to 9999 revs.
8. RPM Indicator (for measuring the rubber wheel speed)
9. Power input 440V, 3Phase, 15 Amps
10. Specially designed stainless steel nozzle for accurate abrasive flow.
11. Stainless steel loading arm with a lifting cam and easily changeable dead weights.
12. Stainless steel hoppers for abrasive feed and dust collection.
13. Stainless steel dust collection container.
14. Sheet metal fabricated and powder coated storage space for specimen, wheels and dead weights.
15. The frame of the machine is made of tubular section and powder coated.
16. The test area is enclosed in a dust proof cubicle with a glass door and suitable illumination for viewing the specimen during the test.
17. The entire test rig is designed so as to protect the user from the dust emerging from the machine during the test duration.
18. The entire test rig is mounted on anti vibration mounts so as to ensure the accuracy of the test and prevent noise.
19. Chlorobutyl rubber rimmed wheels one mounted on machine and one given as a spare.
20. 3 Types Reference materials supplied along with the machine (each 05nos)
a) AISI D-2 Tool steel (IS 165 CR MO12 HRC 58-60 HRC) Procedure A
b) AISI H-13 (Die steel) HRC 47- 48 Procedure B
c) AISI 4340 steel HRC 3133 Procedure B or E